- stick to something
Meaning: to continue doing something, limit yourself to one particular thing
Example: You need to stick to the diet if you want to lose weight.
I know learning English can be difficult, but stick to it! Did you know…
- Thomas Edison tried over 9000 experiments before creating the first successful light bulb.
- Albert Einstein’s parents thought that he might have a learning disability.
- Marilyn Monroe was told that she was not attractive enough to be an actress.
- Henry Ford’s first two automobile companies failed.
- Walt Disney was fired from a newspaper for a lack of imagination and his first animation company went bankrupt.
- Elvis Presley was told that he wasn’t good at performing and should drive a truck instead.
- Several record companies rejected the Beatles before signing a contract.
Good thing these now famous celebrities stuck to it!